- Representative Matters
- Court Admissions
Ms. McLeod has handled a substantial number of pre-grant and post-grant patent matters at the US Patent and Trademark Office, and also has significant patent litigation experience. She has experience in every phase of patent preparation and prosecution, including reexamination, reissue, appeals and post-grant proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and has been involved in multiple inter partes review (IPR) proceedings. Ms. McLeod also has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in Federal district court and before the International Trade Commission.
Ms. McLeod’s practice includes pre-litigation counseling and strategy involving pre-filing investigations and developing invalidity, infringement, and noninfringement positions. Her experience covers a wide range of electrical and computer technologies including wireless and wired communications, computer hardware and software, integrated circuit design and electronic design automation, image and audio coding systems, data storage, testing equipment, consumer electronics, and e-commerce.
Ms. McLeod is an active member of the CLUB Silicon Valley and the Women’s Intellectual Property Lawyer’s Association. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in computer engineering and a JD from Santa Clara University.
- Litigation counsel in numerous patent enforcement actions involving multiple internet messaging patents for major industry player (CDCA, EDTX)
- Litigation counsel in patent enforcement action involving disk drive testing (CDCA)
- Litigation counsel in patent action involving secure communication connections (ITC)
- Patent counsel in Inter Partes Review and appeal proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB)
- Invention mining and patent portfolio development and management counsel for patent portfolios including domestic and foreign patents and patent applications, in technologies including wireless communications, e-commerce, integrated circuit chip design software, and video coding systems
Santa Clara University
- J.D., 2008
- B.S., 2003 (Computer Engineering)
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- The CLUB Silicon Valley
- Women’s Intellectual Property Lawyers Association